Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oh How I Miss Thee.....


So my New Year's Resolution was to find a healthier (and hopefully more toned) version of me! That included kicking up the workouts and also one of the WORST habits that I have - My Diet Coke Addiction. It started out all innocent like most addictions will - I would have just a Diet Coke during lunch. Then it proceeded to get worse and even the looks of disdain and scorn from the bf wouldn't stop my wake-up Diet Coke (WHAT!??!! It was my version of coffee in the am!). Basically with the stress of a full-time job in the business world and running RebeccaJ in the after hours, my diet coke habit just kept getting worse and it got to the point that I was only having 4-7 glasses of water a WEEK! Appalling, yes I know!

Thus, my New Years Resolution - to cut back on my Diet Coke Addiction. How do I decide to this?? Oh, the smart way - COLD TURKEY! Say hello to the caffeine withdrawal headaches and a bit of a grumpier me. But, the past few days have been a SUCCESS! I'm already feeling better, I have more energy after work, I'm not craving the carbs like I was before, and my skin is a lot less dry than it has been with this winter weather! I do think I'll be having a sip or two of the DC tomorrow just to try and stave away the headaches I've been getting, but I plan on upping the water to compensate! Good luck to everyone else out there trying to kick a food/drink addiction this year- right now I'm feeling your pain!

3 comments:

  1. omg - i gave up DC for lent one year and the headaches were awful!!! i don't drink coffee, so i didn't have another beverage to alleviate the pain. i eventually caved. i figured God didn't want me to be in physical pain for 40 days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA! That's exactly the road I took - I totally caved, but I've managed to limit myself to one just at lunch and I'm still getting in plenty of water during the rest of the day, so I take that as a success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm struggling with giving up DC too! Its just so dang hard! It is truly an addiction.

    ReplyDelete