Sunday, January 23, 2011

Just for Me

Bobcat Necklace


It's not often that I create pieces just for myself - most of the designs that I like I will sell because I can simply recreate them; however, there are a few pieces that I've crafted as presents just for myself and I thought I would share them with you! 

The Bobcat Necklace shown above was a project that I undertook this weekend. This was my first attempt at cutting out shapes by hand from a sheet of metal and I think it turned out pretty well! It was quite a task since I don't have ALL of the tools that I would prefer to have at my worktable in order to do these in a more effective and easier way, but since it was for me I figured it was worth it to try it out anyway! (That and I was too impatient to wait to get everything before making it!) I wanted something a bit different for my animal necklace - the bobcat seemed the perfect choice - playful, wild, and is known for it's ferocity and grace.  I'm excited to have this necklace in my jewelry box to enjoy for years to come! 

(I do love this design, so I am going to recreate it to sell in my shop like the one above and as a larger version on a longer length of chain- contact me for your custom listing or for a different animal!)

Night/Special Occasion Earrings

I LOVE my two pairs of black and gold earrings. For Night & Special Occasions I always reach for the longer earrings that are eye catchers, so I made two different types that I wear all the time! The first one shown is what I usually wear when I do trunk shows - I like to wear my own designs, but not something that I'm selling at the show. The second pair has become my go to pair for nights out - I would have taken a studio picture of them as well to show them fully,but it looks like they have gone missing. It looks like I have my next project for next weekend, in the meantime, here is a picture of me wearing them one night out last year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment